During the meeting of the Organizing Committee of the II Mediterranean Beach Games Patras 2019 on 22/4/2019, unanimously decided to remove any misunderstandings, in order to clarify the following.
The Organizing Committee aims to organize perfect Games.
All the decisions of the Organizing Committee are transparent, they are posted on "DIAUGEIA" and serve the above objective.
On the specific issue of the General Director of the Games, the Organizing Committee clarifies the following:
-Mr. Dalainas was selected by the Organizing Committee for the position of the General Director of the Games, based on his undisputed expertise and great experience, in organizations of major international sporting events for 30 years, in collaboration and agreement with ICMG and the Greek Olympic Committee.
- Mr. Dalainas is a specialized professional, who offers his services on the basis of specific contracts. The method of remuneration chosen for the entire offer of his work (three different projects) is common in similar cases.
- The fees agreed for each service offered are:
- A) Plan and Operation Plan of implementation for the II Mediterranean Beach Games Patras 2019 (Project Management) (16,870.00 €)
- B) Criteria for Sports Participations of the Mediterranean Beach Games, Patras 2019 (€ 16,983.00)
- C) Accreditation of the Mediterranean Beach Games Patras 2019 (€ 18,860.00)
Therefore, the total remuneration of Mr. Dalainas, for all the aforementioned services until the end of the Games, amounts to € 52,713. The Organizing Committee considers that this amount is quite reasonable, for the entire project, the position and the responsibility he undertakes.
We would like to point out that the Organizing Committee has ensured that none of those involved in a working relationship or are members of the Organizing Committee will be involved through companies in any competition related to the II Mediterranean Beach Games, Patras 2019 (supplies, constructions)
We call our fellow citizens, organizations and the media to focus on the common benefit that our city and our country will have for the perfect and successful organization of the II Mediterranean Beach Games, Patras 2019.